Product Category Manager
A vacancy exists for a Product Category Manager within Door Hardware and Access Control Group, reporting to the Business Development Director.
The primary objective of this position is:
To develop, implement, manage and drive to completion the agreed product range strategies and plans, in order to achieve market share, sales turnover and gross margin objectives for the product, for home and export markets.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
– The product is a very exciting product category which has demonstrated strong success and market penetration since its inception. This role would suit a dynamic, ambitious and creative individual keen to take it to its next level.
– The key responsibilities of the Product Category Manager are the management of all aspects of the product group and lead the next wave of NPI developments through the EMEA NPI process.
– Provide technical support to other Selling Units, and respective Product Managers, as and when required
– Strategic development of product categories for both UK and Export markets
– Identification of market gaps, key value chain drivers, trends and customer profit potential
– Consistent and regular interface in the field -customer/commercial market – Voice of the Customer
– Support and drive product sales through proactive activities to support the field based commercial team
– Initiate and own market research, obtaining buy-in from relevant stake holders producing creative and original specifications for best-in-class customer centric products working with product marketing and sister companies where appropriate
– Understand and translate all industry standards and leverage to commercial advantage
– Overall management and co-ordination of New Product Development programs on time and to budget
– Monitoring and tracking of KPI´s
– Proactively represent the Company and its interests at Industry events
The ideal candidate will:
– Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
– Have strong commercial acumen and a desire to grow the business within a great team
– Have excellent administrative and organisational skills, with a flexible attitude and customer focus.
– We are looking for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds.